Protocols & Waiver**
To our Amazing Guests…We want to sincerely thank you for your patience during this challenging situation. The health, safety & well-being of our guests, staff and community are most important to us. We have been working hard preparing for our reopening. At this time, we are planning to reopen on Monday, May 18.
We know our guests expect the highest standards at SBL Salon and we are committed to providing that even during this challenging time. We believe the safest way to handle the salon situation is to treat everyone, including ourselves, as if they could be infected.
Our plan is to go beyond what is recommended. We have consulted with other, very reputable Aveda Salons, who have already opened their doors, to create our own safety protocols to keep everyone safe. The following list will outline those protocols as well as inform you of what to expect upon returning to the salon.
We understand that you are all eager to be rescheduled. We have had to cancel many appointments over the past 6 weeks. We will personally contact each guest whose appointment was cancelled beginning on May 5th-8th. To be fair to all, calls will be in order of original appointments. Again, we appreciate your patience as we navigate through this new challenge.
· Only customers receiving a service will be allowed in the salon.
· No more than 6 people will be allowed in the salon at any one time
· We have set up an entry station for sanitation & communication upon arrival
· Treating everyone, including staff, as if they could be infected
· Each area, all tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized and/or disinfected between each client
· Masks will be mandatory and provided. Do not remove your mask during your visit
· It is not mandatory to wear gloves as long as you are following hand sanitizing procedures
· No sample products or testers will be available
· All staff have updated certification on Sanitation protocols via Barbacide ™ .
· Face/Eye protection will be worn by stylists during shampooing
· Cancellation/no-show policy- We will not be penalizing for any last-minute cancellations due to being sick. However, please provide us with information as soon as possible so we can adjust our schedules accordingly. We are trying our best to get every client back in as soon as possible.
· Rest Assured, we hope to get back to a new normal and offering many of the added value services and extras you have come to enjoy
· These protocols will continue to be refined and adjusted as needed and will keep you informed very step of the way
· Confirming your appointment- if you do not confirm 24hrs prior to your appointment you will lose your appointment and be charged $25 or 25% of your total service cost. Please understand we have many clients waiting to get in to see us.
Waiver * Must be completed & submitted before Appointment.
Please read the following waiver, fill in the form below and click the submit button below to agree to the terms of the waiver.
Aspire Salon, operated by Pamela Creel, is doing everything we can to protect you, our client, our community and our staff. To this extent, we will be following the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and local health department guidelines with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation in order to reduce the spread of Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. This will require our staff to maintain six (6) feet of distance between ourselves and you, the client, as much as possible in our salon setting. We will also be requiring this same procedure for client-to-client contact in order to limit the exposure to all individuals. Only the person receiving the service will be allowed in the salon.
All tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized and/or disinfected between each client. New capes will be given to each client. Staff will follow proper hand washing protocols between each client. We will Temporarily suspend all complimentary services; NO rituals, NO hand massage, NO neck massage, No beverages, No blow-drying
Aspire Salon requires all individuals to utilize approved masks, either surgical masks or improvised masks such as scarves, bandannas, and handkerchiefs to reduce the risk of exposure to yourself and others. It is also required of everyone to either wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival of your appointment, after using the restroom, sneezing, or coughing.
If we all work together, we can overcome the spread of this virus as well as other infectious diseases. We welcome you to Aspire Salon!
By filling out the form below and submitting, you agree to comply with the written instructions above and agree that you are at the salon at your own risk, releasing Aspire Salon from any liability relating to COVID-19. Failure to comply with these written instructions or verbal instructions from staff may result in your removal from the premises.